FRI Undergraduate Research Program in Food Safety
Each summer, FRI supports talented UW–Madison undergraduate students seeking a B.S. degree as FRI Research Scholars. The students train in the research laboratory of an FRI mentor and learn about current food safety issues through weekly seminars.2021 Summer Program - Applications due Feb. 12, 2021
Dates: May 24–July 30, 2021
Past Trainees and Projects
- View the flyer for more information
- To apply, Please e-mail the following to Adam Borger:
1. A letter stating your interest and experience in food microbiology and how the program will help you achieve your career goals.
2. A resume.
3. The name of your proposed mentor who agrees to support your project in his or her lab — See the FRI website for possible mentors and their research programs.
4. An unofficial transcript.
5. An “Instructor Evaluation Form,” to be filled out by a professor or laboratory instructor able to evaluate your strengths and capabilities. Please have the evaluator send this form directly to Adam Borger.
For more information about the FRI Undergraduate Research Program, contact Adam Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-263-7062.
The Food Research Institute does not directly grant degrees, but graduate students can study to earn the M.S. or Ph.D. degree under FRI faculty from these departments and programs:
Graduate admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison