Workshops, short-courses and symposia are held annually to provide training for personnel in the food industry and regulatory agencies.
Jul 22-24, 2014 "Food Safety & Meat Microbiology School"
- Description: Topics will include microbiology, sanitation programs, facility design, thermal processing and ingredients/new technologies, to name a few. Demonstrations and microbiology lab exercises.
Coordinators: Jeff Sindelar, Extension Meat Specialist; Kathy Glass, FRI Associate Director; Andrew Milkowski, Adjunct Prof., Meat Science.
Dates: July 22-24, 2014. Registration deadline: July 4, 2014.
- Location: UW Meat Science Laboratory and Microbial Sciences building, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Registration link
- Download Brochure
- Contact name: Jeff Sindelar, Animal Sciences
- Contact e-mail: email@example.com
- Contact phone: 608-262-0555
- Fees: $700.00 per person; $600.00 FRI Sponsor discount rate
Mar 10-11, 2015 "FRI Better Process Cheese School"
- Description: For safe production of low-acid canned food process cheese.
Dates: March 10-11, 2015.
- Location: University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Contact name: Kathy Glass, FRI Associate Director
- Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact phone: 608-263-6935