Workshops, short-courses and symposia are held annually to provide training for personnel in the food industry and regulatory agencies.
Mar 18, 2014 "FRI Better Process Cheese School "
- Description: For safe production of low-acid canned food process cheese.
Dates: March 18-19, 2014.
- Location: University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Contact name: Kathy Glass, FRI Associate Director
- Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact phone: 608-263-6935
Jul 22, 2014 "Food Safety & Meat Microbiology School"
- Description: Topics will include microbiology, sanitation programs, facility design, thermal processing and ingredients/new technologies, to name a few. Demonstrations and microbiology lab exercises.
Dates: July 22-24, 2014. Coordinators: Jeff Sindelar, Extension Meat Specialist; Kathy Glass, FRI Associate Director; Andrew Milkowski, Adjunct Prof., Meat Science.
- Location: UW Meat Science Laboratory and Microbial Sciences building, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Wisconsin Center for Dairy Research: HACCP, cleaning and sanitation, pasteurization, cheese and dairy chemistry
- UW-Extension: training in acidified foods; Better Process Control School
- Animal Sciences: basic HACCP training for meat and meat processors;
Food Safety & Meat Microbiology School, Madison, WI, July 17-19, 2012 (Brochure)