Select examples of ongoing or recently completed projects:
- Validating the thermal inactivation of Salmonella in baked goods, seeds, and nuts
- Control of non-O157 shiga-toxin producing E. coli in pepperoni processing
- Improving the control of C. botulinum and L. monocytogenes on ready-to-eat processed meats using "natural" antimicrobials and curing systems
- Formula modifications to control C. botulinum, S. aureus, and L. monocytogenes in pasteurized process cheese and related products (hot-filled and post-process contamination)
- Formula modifications to control L. monocytogenes in processed meat and poultry products
- Effect of cooling rate and antimicrobials on microbiological safety of cultured dairy products
- Supporting documentation for Food Code variances for refrigerated storage of low-acid foods.
For more information about sponsored projects, proposals and budgets, or to schedule a project, contact FRI Associate Director, Kathy Glass, email@example.com, 608.263.6935 or any of the FRI faculty. Priority access is given to FRI Sponsor Organizations.