FRI’s funding is derived from four sources
- The University of Wisconsin–Madison provides our building and laboratories; pays faculty salaries; and contributes to certain projects
- Competitively awarded government grants and contracts
- Industry funds for work on specific nonproprietary projects
- Unrestricted gifts from companies, suppliers and trade associations (Sponsorship)
Many benefits accrue from industrial sponsorship. They include:
- Portal to the vast resources at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- Consultation with FRI faculty at no charge.
- Access to collaborative research at sponsor rate with the highly regarded Applied Food Safety Laboratory.
- Access to Food Safety Reviews that review emerging food safety concerns.
- Customized literature reviews on specific food protection issues.
- Rapid access to significant findings generated from FRI research through biweekly FRESH seminars.
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and seminars.
- Regular communications include a monthly electronic newsletter (FRI eNews).
- Third-party contact with regulatory agencies regarding issues and problems.
- Well-trained graduates as potential employees.
- A location for your employees to learn and work on problems with a pathogen.
We thank the many alumni and friends who have generously supported our programs in the past. Your gifts are increasingly critical to the success of the Institute. They help us attract and reward promising undergraduates and graduate students, host Institute seminar series, and provide funds for Institute awards, special seminars, and scholarly activities. Gifts of any size are welcome and are greatly appreciated. You may make a gift using the UW Foundation web site. Here you will find an online giving form and a printable gift form that you can use to mail a gift. The UW Foundation also provides a Guide to Giving that explains many different options for giving.
Make a donation to the Food Research Institute through the UW Foundation or mail check: Make check payable to "University of Wisconsin Foundation" and enclosed letter stating in support of the Food Research Institute.
Contributions to the Kikkoman Scholarship in honor of Dr. Edwin (Mike) Foster fund are welcome at http://go.wisc.edu/08c3m5